You need to know, for Ubuntu you have to install GNOME Desktop Manager. Desktop Manager is a desktop display for Ubuntu Linux itself. Linux has a lot of desktop manager, such as KDE, GNOME, and XCFE.
- Log in to Linux using your username and password.
- If already logged in, edit the IP Address is your network
- As an example we will use the IP Address and Proxy, University of Indonesia (220.127.116.11 port 8080). Do not forget to pass by a proxy for, a local web, including this note with the goat, as repos
- After the pitch set correctly, go to terminal (GNOME)
- Type the command> sudo gedit /etc/apt/source.list, enter your password when prompted enter the password.
- Edit source.list who have become ...
deb http://kambing.vlsm.org/ubuntu feisty main restricted universe Multiverse
- Then, give comments on the list the other with the # sign in front of it .. eg # deb http://ubuntu.org.id/ubuntu feisty main restricted universe Multiverse.
- After editing of source.list, then save it file and exit, and go back to the terminal that we have been open before.
- Type> sudo apt-get update, to update its
- At this time we are connected directly to the property of goat rpositori University of Indonesia
- The installation can be done using the terminal or using the standard GUI (Graphical User Interface) is now used by most Linux users beginners.
- Before we install the application, note that the site already kambing.vlsm.org Benar2 not use the proxy again.
- Then type the command> sudo apt-get upgrade to update your Linux now has become a Linux-an upgrade to the latest found in the Repo Kambing.
- This process is a bit of time to eat, when the Ubuntu Linux installer that you still use the old.
- Good Luck!